1. The 2017 Education Summit was announced through DepEd Memorandum (DM) No. 150, s. 2017. In view of this, the following additional information and changes are hereby issued:
- a. The Manila Hotel in One Rizal Park, Manila is the official venue of the 2017 Education Summit to be held from December 5 to 6, 2017;
- b. The regional delegates shall be identified by the regional director (RD) based on the Revised Distribution of Participants indicated in Enclosure No. 1 including SDSs who are all invited to attend. The RDs shall submit the list of participants from their respective regions using the Confirmation Form in Enclosure No. 2 through email address: [email protected] not later than November 24, 2017. The official list shall be signed by their respective RDs and shall also serve as their Travel Authority;
- c. The 2017 Education Summit Working Committee members listed in Enclosure No. 3 will also serve as the members’ Travel Authority;
- d. The DepEd delegates shall pre-register online through a link that will be sent to their personal email. They shall then receive a Certificate of Attendance (see sample form in Enclosure No. 4) with a unique code to confirm their participation to the Summit. The Instruction to Participants is detailed in Enclosure No. 5;
- e. RDs shall designate a delegate who is either a school principal/head or a master teacher from their respective regions to serve as guardian or mentor to their respective student-delegates;
- f. Travel expenses, accommodations, per diems, and other incidental expenses of authorized DepEd participants and student-participants from public schools shall be charged to local funds, subject to the usual accounting and auditing rules and regulations; and
- g. Travel expenses, accommodations, and other incidental expenses of participants from private schools shall be shouldered by their respective school administrators, which will be sourced from the school or other funds.
2. All other provisions stated in DM 150, s, 2017 remain.
3. For more information, please contact Dr. Demi Manuel, Head of the 2017
Education Summit Working Committee or Ms. Karen Yumping at telephone nos. (02) 637-6208, and (02) 638-8642 or through email address; [email protected]
4. Immediate dissemination of this Memorandum is desired.