The Department of Education (DepEd) continuously recognizes the significant role of teachers in educating the Filipino children through the National Teachers Month (NTM) starting September 5, and its culmination on October 5 in celebration of the National Teachers’ Day (NTD) and World Teachers’ Day (WTD).
This year’s theme, “Gurong Pilipino: Handa sa Makabagong Pagbabago,” stresses the crucial role, loyal service, and dedicated commitment of teachers in developing globally minded citizens, nurturing families, strengthening communities, and building the nation.
“The NTM is a great avenue to honor those who are in the teaching profession and to express gratitude for the positive influence of teachers on Filipino learners,” DepEd Secretary Leonor Magtolis Briones stated.
A ceremonial kickoff of NTM will be held on September 9, 2019 at Initao National Comprehensive High School in Initao, Misamis Oriental. The kickoff will be spearheaded by Usec. Tonisito M.C. Umali, Esq. of the External Partnerships Service and DepEd presiding officer for the National Teachers’ Day Coordinating Council (NTDCC); DepEd Region X Director Arturo B. Bayocot; and Aniceto “Chito” Sobrepeña of Metrobank Foundation and NTDCC Co-chairperson.
Gratitude for teachers
As a simple token of gratitude to teachers, partners offer the following gifts during the month-long celebration:
- PHLPOST – “Salamat Po Teacher” letter writing raffle promo, open to the public, Kindergarten to Grade 12 (Sept. 2019 – Mar. 2020)
- BenCab Museum – Discounted rate of P100 for teachers (Sept. 5 – Oct. 5)
- Enchanted Kingdom – Teacher’s Treat promo: P700 Park and AGILA ticket, free EK souvenir, free skill game coupons (Sept. 5 – Oct. 6)
- Executive Optical – Complete eyeglass package: frame (barcode price) + lens 20% off, open to all teachers, just present valid ID/license (period to be announced)
- Jollibee Foundation – Free regular fries with any Value Meal purchase, for teachers only, just present school ID/license. (Oct. 4 – 6)
- Microsoft – Free webinar for teachers, open to the public (all Saturdays of October)
- Museo Pambata – Free entrance to teachers + 2 companions, free gift for teachers (limited slots), 5% discount at gift shop (minimum purchase required) – (Sept. 5 – Oct. 5)
- Manila International Book Fair – Free entrance to all teachers, just present valid ID/license (Sept. 11 – 15)
Disclaimer: This post is created for information, education and dissemination purposes only, NO copyright infringement intended, for more questions and inquiries contact us at [email protected]
MORE FREE TEACHING MATERIALS YOU MAY WANT TO DOWNLOAD:
- COMPLETE DAILY LESSON LOG [DLL] FOR GRADE 1-6
- K-12 LESSON PLANS FOR GRADE 1-6
- POWERPOINT LESSONS FOR GRADE 1-6