Lesson planning is one way of planning instruction. Lesson planning is a way of visualizing a lesson before it is taught. Planning a lesson entails “prediction, anticipation, sequencing, and simplifying.” Lesson planning is a critical part of the teaching and learning process.
The objective of lesson planning is learning. Lesson planning helps teachers set learning targets for learners. It also helps teachers guarantee that learners reach those targets. By planning lessons, teachers are able to see to it that daily activities inside the classroom lead to learner progress and achievement or the attainment of learning outcomes.
Lesson planning is a hallmark of effective teaching. As mentioned, effective teachers organize and plan instruction to ensure learners’ success inside the classroom. According to Stronge (2007), research shows that instructional planning for effective teaching has the following elements:
- Identifying clear lesson and learning objectives while carefully linking activities to them, which is essential for effectiveness
- Creating quality assignments, which is positively associated with quality instruction and quality student work
- Planning lessons that have clear goals, are logically structured, and progress through the content step-by-step
- Planning the instructional strategies to be deployed in the classroom and the timing of these strategies
- Using advance organizers, graphic organizers, and outlines to plan for effective instructional delivery
- Considering student attention spans and learning styles when designing lessons
- Systematically developing objectives, questions, and activities that reflect higher level and lower-level cognitive skills as appropriate for the content and the student.
Why use PowerPoint as a Tool for Lesson Delivering?
PPT is a tool that can effective for both faculty and students, but should be used selectively and appropriately. Well, the key advantage of PowerPoint is that it brings variety into the classroom. The instructor can use various audio visual effects that can help draw students’ attention to the class.
In This Page you will able to Download K-12 PowerPoint Lessons for Grades 1-6 Available in All Subjects and from 1st-4th Quarter Period. Just Click on the links below.
Q1 WEEK 9