DOWNLOAD ALL TGs and LMs from Kinder to Grades 1-12
Lesson planning is one way of planning instruction. Lesson planning is a way of visualizing a lesson before it is taught. Planning a lesson entails “prediction, anticipation, sequencing, and simplifying.” Lesson planning is a critical part of the teaching and learning process.
The objective of lesson planning is learning. Lesson planning helps teachers set learning targets for learners. It also helps teachers guarantee that learners reach those targets. By planning lessons, teachers are able to see to it that daily activities inside the classroom lead to learner progress and achievement or the attainment of learning outcomes.
Lesson planning is a hallmark of effective teaching. As mentioned, effective teachers organize and plan instruction to ensure learners’ success inside the classroom. According to Stronge (2007), research shows that instructional planning for effective teaching has the following elements:
- Identifying clear lesson and learning objectives while carefully linking activities to them, which is essential for effectiveness
- Creating quality assignments, which is positively associated with quality instruction and quality student work
- Planning lessons that have clear goals, are logically structured, and progress through the content step-by-step
- Planning the instructional strategies to be deployed in the classroom and the timing of these strategies
- Using advance organizers, graphic organizers, and outlines to plan for effective instructional delivery
- Considering student attention spans and learning styles when designing lessons
- Systematically developing objectives, questions, and activities that reflect higher level and lower-level cognitive skills as appropriate for the content and the student.
Download all Teaching Materials [TG] and Learning Materials [LM] for Grades 1-12 by clicking on the links below:
- Teaching Materials and Learners Materials (TG’s & LM’s) Elementary Grades 1-6
- Teaching Materials and Learners Materials (TG’s & LM’s) Junior High School Grades 7-10
- Teaching Materials and Learners Materials (TG’s & LM’s) Senior High School Grades 11-12 with Curriculum Guides