In the latest news from department of education Deped to Early release of April salary and benefits & urged DBM to release PBB 2018.
Thru the directives of our Sec Leonor Briones, finance units were instructed to fast-track processing and release of the salaries of employees for March and April; payables to SHS voucher payments, delivered services and goods; and provide and provide assistance for urgent, critical and immediate responses related to COVID-19 threats.
The Office of Undersecretary for Finance, on behalf of the Secretary, also wrote DBM to seek guidance and consideration of the following:
1. Request for extension of validity of the Notice of Cash Allocation (NCA) for the 1st Quarter to the last week/s of March. This extension shall provide additional budget for the Department in performing critical functions relative to its payables. Also, due to work suspension and skeletal workforce in the Department, there is expected delay in processing the remaining List of Due and Demandable Accounts Payable (LDDAP);
2. Early release of April salary and benefits. Secretary Leonor Magtolis Briones has instructed to release salary payment of employees for the month of April as early as possible while there is no pending any advice from the Office of the President on work suspension. We also hope to release clothing allowance and year-end benefits (by mid-April, should we be provided ample time to process) – but we need the April or 2nd Quarter NCA released for cash back-up;
3. Request of no penalty to delayed remittances to government institutions. We seek guidance on the possibility of delayed remittances to GSIS, Philhealth and PAGIBIG in giving consideration since most of our schools have suspended operation therefore there are no, or less staff in, finance office working on regular basis;
4. Grant of 2018 Performance-Based Bonus (PBB) to teaching and non-teaching personnel. Extreme reconsideration is requested for the DBM to grant and release the 2018 PBB to ALL DepEd employees. Considering the current state of the nation, release of 2018 PBB shall allow almost 1M employees to have ready cash in times of emergency; and
5. Explore possibilities of providing Hazard/Overtime Pay to employees who shall be physically present in the Office. It is too risky for employees who were required to report to office (particularly finance staff) while others are allowed to work from home. We appeal to the DBM to consider this for humanitarian reasons.
SOURCE: Maam, Annalyn Sevilla of Deped
Disclaimer: This post is created for information, education and dissemination purposes only, NO copyright infringement intended, for more questions and inquiries contact us at [email protected]
MORE FREE TEACHING MATERIALS YOU MAY WANT TO DOWNLOAD:
- COMPLETE DAILY LESSON LOG [DLL] FOR GRADE 1-6
- K-12 LESSON PLANS FOR GRADE 1-6
- POWERPOINT LESSONS FOR GRADE 1-6