Paperless QR Code Attendance for Classroom by Sir Michael Angelo
This professor from General Emilio Aguinaldo National High School in Imus, Cavite shares his “techy” approach on how teachers can easily check their students’ attendance.
“This is how I check my attendance in the classroom. I let them create QR codes which I scan before they enter the room. Easier and paper less.
The app is free and you can export it sa Excel easily.
1. Install QR Attendance Control and Bar Code Scanner.
2. Create QR Code for students (https://www.qr-code-generator.com/). Choose TEXT and type their information. Start with last name para madali i-sort sa Excel. (e.g. Dela Cruz, Juan D. – JOSHUA) Section po nila ‘yan.
You can also teach students how to make it po.
3. Open the QR app then try to scan their codes.
4. To export, click the TOOL button at the lower left. Click export then change the file name to the name of their section and add date with it, too.
5. Before your next class, make sure to DELETE LIST so it doesn’t mix up with your previous class. Do the same to your next class.
6. To access the list, go to My Files/ Internal Storage/ QR Attendance Control Folder. There, you’ll see the list po of students in CSV format. It will open sa excel po.”
Source & Images (Courtesy of Sir, Michael Angelo)